Use of Website
This website is owned and maintained by the Australian National Kennel Council Limited of PO Box 309, Carina, Queensland 4152 (“ANKC Ltd”).
If you access or use this website, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions stated below. Your entrance to the ANKC Ltd website constitutes acceptance of these terms and condition of usage.
ANKC Ltd reserves the right to add to or amend these terms and conditions of usage of its website at any time without prior notice.
The ANKC Ltd website must be used for lawful purposes only, and you may not use this website for any purpose that is contrary to law or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation.
Content of the ANKC Ltd Website
Copyright in the material and graphics on the ANKC website is owned or licensed to the ANKC Ltd and is protected by Australian and International copyright law and treaties. The material may only be used in the manner described below:-
- You may make a copy necessary to browse the ANKC Ltd website on your personal computer;
- Unless stated otherwise, you may download and/or print one copy of material on the ANKC Ltd website for research or personal use;
- You may not change any of the content of the material on the ANKC Ltd website;
- ANKC Ltd Member Bodies and Affiliated Clubs may reproduce the content of the ANKC Ltd website in whole or in part provided that ANKC Ltd is acknowledged as the source of that content;
- The content of Breed Standards originating from canine controlling bodies located overseas is reproduced on the ANKC Ltd website with their permission. These bodies are noted at the top of each Breed Standard and include the Kennel Club of England, the Federation Cynologique Internationale (FCI), the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC). These Breed Standards can only be reproduced with the express prior written permission of the ANKC Ltd. [The ANKC Ltd wishes to gratefully acknowledge the Japan Kennel Club and Dogs New South Wales (formerly Royal New South Wales Canine Council) for their waiver of copyright over illustrations used in their own earlier editions of illustrated Standards; to the National Breed Councils, Breed Clubs and individuals who contributed drawings; and to the work done by the ANKC Ltd Breed Standards Coordinators, in research, negotiation and putting it all together.]
- Reuse of the content on the ANKC Ltd website for any other purpose than as stated in these terms and conditions is prohibited;
- A request for permission to reproduce the content of the ANKC Ltd website, otherwise than as stated above, must be made in writing and will be considered by ANKC Ltd on a case by case basis.
Disclaimer of Liability
Whilst every effort has been made by the ANKC Ltd to ensure that the information and content contained on the ANKC Ltd website is accurate and up-to-date, the ANKC Ltd makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of its content. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ANKC Ltd excludes all legal liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using the ANKC Ltd website or the content or material available on it and you accept all risks and responsibility for any loss, damage, costs or other consequences resulting from your use of the ANKC Ltd website.
The ANKC Ltd subscribes to the principles set out in the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles which govern the handling of personal information. In particular where the ANKC Ltd obtains personal information from persons using its website, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and other contact details:-
- ANKC Ltd will not disclose that information to third parties unless ordered to do so by Court Order or with your prior written consent.
- ANKC Ltd will only use that personal information for the purpose of providing you with information considered by ANKC Ltd to be relevant to you or with direct marketing material.
- Such personal information may be stored in both hard copy and electronic format at the office of ANKC Ltd and will only be accessible to ANKC Ltd staff in the course of their employment for the purposes referred to in 1 and 2 above.
- All reasonable endeavours will be made to ensure the confidentiality of this personal information.
- The records containing such personal information will be destroyed when ANKC Ltd considers it is no longer necessary to retain them or if you make a written request to ANKC Ltd.