Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS :
· Aggressive or overly shy.
· Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
· Size outside the standard limits.
· Too light-boned.
· Eyes too light, or wall eyes (except for harlequins).
· Split nose, of a colour other than black, with unpigmented areas.
· Overshot or undershot with loss of contact, absence of 3 or more teeth (the first premolars not counting).
· Natural ears carried totally upright and firm.
· Rear feet turned excessively to the exterior.
· Simple dewclaws or absence of dewclaws on hind legs.
· Shortened tail or tail carried over the back.
· Coat : Colour and texture other than those defined by the standard. Complete absence of tan markings. Shaggy coat.
Well defined, quite visible white spot on chest. For the harlequin variety : too much grey, black on one side and grey on the other, head entirely grey (absence of black).