Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
SERIOUS FAULTS :
· Skull : Flat or too domed, narrow.
· Muzzle : Disproportion between skull and muzzle.
· Eyes : Light, too almond shaped; entropion, ectropion, prominent eyes.
· Ears : Too short, with insufficient length of hair; ears folding backwards (rose ear).
· Neck : Too short, too stuffy in shoulder, too slender.
· Topline : Too arched, sway backed.
· Croup : Horizontal, narrow.
· Shoulder : Straight.
· Limbs : Turned inwards or outwards; out at elbows; hocks wide set or too close; straight angulations.
· Hair : Too short, too wavy, curly.
· Pigmentation : Partially lacking or too light pigmentation of eyelids or lips; discoloured nose, with unpigmented areas.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS :
· Aggresive or overly shy.
· Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
General type :
· Lack of type (insufficient breed characteristics which means that the animal on the whole does not sufficiently resemble other examples of the breed).
· Size and weight outside the requirements and tolerance of the standard.
Particular points :
· Foreface : Bridge of nose convex.
· Eyes : Bulging, with signs of dwarfism; too light; wall eyes.
· Ears : Pricked or semi-pricked.
· Tail : Not reaching to hock; high set, completely curled (forming a tight ring); carried flat on the back or against the thighs; carried candle like; tailless.
· Hair : Atypical, rightly curled, woolly, silky.
· Colour : Heavily marked; any marking of a definite black.
· Pigmentation : Total lack of pigment on eyerims, nose or lips.
· Overshot or undershot mouth with lack of contact between the incisors; vertical gaping of the incisors.
· Absence of teeth other than the PM1 or the M3s.
· Aggressive or extremely shy specimen.