Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
• General appearance : Light, weedy, leggy appearance. Light in bone and muscle.
• Head : Hound-type head. Narrow, light, too short, long, coarse or excessively molossoid head; excessively broad skull, (lack of stop, too little stop or too strong stop). Very deep frontal groove.
• Foreface : Long, pointed or too short muzzle (any muzzle shorter than 40 percent of the length of the head is too short); split nose; Roman nose (convex nasal bridge) or dish-faced (concave nasal bridge); acquiline nose; pale or spotted nose (butterfly nose).
• Lips : Pendulous, pink or patchy; corner of lips visible.
• Jaws : Narrow lower jaw.
• Bite : Pincer bite. Molars of the underjaw not standing in one line.
• Cheeks : Strongly protruding.
• Eyes : Light, deep set. Also too full and round eyes; loose eyelids.
• Ears : Set on too low or too high, heavy, long, slack or turned backwards. Also flying ears or ears not carried symmetricaly.
• Neck : Too long, thin, lacking muscle. Showing dewlap or throaty.
• Body : Too long, too short or too narrow.
• Back : Too long, weak; sway back or roach back.
• Croup : Too sloping, too short, too flat or too long.
• Chest : Flat-ribbed or barrel-shaped. Too narrow behind.
• Tail : Set on too high or too low.
• Forequarters : Narrow, crooked or not parallel standing front legs. Steep shoulder placement. Loose or out at elbow. Too long, too short or too straight in upper arm. Weak or steep pastern. Splayed feet. Too flat or too arched toes. Deformed toes. Light coloured nails.
• Hindquarters : Flat thighs, hocks too close, cow hocks or barrel hocks. Joints with too little or too much angulation. Dewclaws.
• Skin : Wrinkles on head.
• Coat : Soft, too short or long. Wavy coat; lack of undercoat.
• Colour : Markings of incorrect colour, not clearly defined. Markings which are too spread out.
• General appearance: Too molossoid type and heavy general appearance.
• Skin: Skin at the head strongly wrinkled, strong wrinkles in the area of the forehead, the muzzle and the cheeks, strong dewlap.
• Gait: Sluggish action while trotting.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS :
• Aggressive or overly shy dogs.
• Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
• Behaviour: Anxious, shy, cowardly, gun-shy, vicious, excessively suspicious, nervous animals.
• General appearance: Distinct reversal of sexual type, i.e. feminine dogs or masculine bitches.
• Teeth: Overshot or undershot bite, wry mouth; lack of one incisive tooth, one canine, one premolar or one molar.
• Eyes: Entropion, ectropion, yellow eyes, different coloured eyes.
• Tail: Kink tail, ring-tail, with strong lateral deviation, natural bobtail.
• Hair: Definitely long or wavy coat.
• Colour: Dogs which do not show the typical Rottweiler colouring of black with tan markings. White markings.
Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.