FAULTS: Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
· Timid behaviour.
· Height less than 22 cm; height more than 27 cm.
· Longbodied dog; too much arched loin; steeply sloping croup.
· Missing 1 or 2 incisors in the upper and/or lower jaw.
· Semi-erect ears in the long-haired breed variation if not caused by heavy and too thick ear hair.
· Soft ears in the smooth-haired dogs.
· Weak lower jaw.
· Piked or heavy muzzle; dishfaced or downfaced
· Inverted elbows, toes-out.
· Straight in front and rear.
· Angulations of stifles and hocks excessively pronounced.
· Low set tail, curled tail, spirally twisted tail, tail laying on the back.
· Minor bald patches in smooth-haired dogs.
· Too long, loose or slightly waved body hair in longhaired dogs; tousled of fluffy hair; the absence of ornamental hair
on the tail.
· Small white spots on chest and toes.
· Tan markings too large or with darkened markings.
· Aggressive dog, overly shy dog.
· Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
· Overshot, level bite extending to the whole pairs of incisors, undershot. Wry mouth; absence of any canine; absence of
more than 2 incisors in either jaw.
· Lower jaw canines thrust against gums or roof of the upper jaw.
· Tongue visible constantly when mouth is closed.
· Open fontanel in dogs over 9 months.
· Short legged dogs.
· Overdeveloped and massive chest.
· Semi-pricked ears in smooth-haired dogs.
· Dropped ears in long-haired dogs.
· In smooth-haired dogs: numerous bald patches (more than 25%); very soft, tousled, loose body hair; too long hair with
pronounced feathering on limbs and tail; trimmed coat.
· In long-haired dogs: absence of fringes on ears and, presence of curly hair. , trimmed coat on the body; curly coat; semipricked ears without fringes.
· Wringed or kinked tail.
· White spots on the head, on throat, above metacarpus; (pasterns) / metatarsus (rear pastern); large white patches on
chest presence of brindle markings; any colour is not specified in the standard.
· Size over 29 cm or less 18 cm.
· Weight more than 3 kg or less than 1.5 kg.