1. A Judge shall act with professional decorum at all times.
2. A Judge shall give every entry and handler a fair and equal opportunity.
3. Judges shall show courtesy whilst carrying out each judging appointment.
4. Judges shall be punctual in fulfilling their judging appointment.
5. A Judge shall present himself/herself in attire that is appropriate and comfortable for each judging appointment.
6. If an entry displays an obvious physical impediment that, in the Judge’s opinion would be detrimental to the entry’s health or is unable to be handled or is deemed to be savage or vicious (or aggressive), the entry should be excused from the trial and reported as per the Regulations.
7. A Judge shall not enter any dog at any Stake at which he/she is appointed to judge.
8. A Judge shall not judge any person or member of their immediate family who resides in the same household, in any Stake at which the Judge is officiating. (i.e. A judge may be permitted to judge a member of their immediate family where that person resides at a different address) (Amended 10/13 – 6.17)
9. A Judge shall not solicit a judging appointment.
10. A Judge shall not solicit or seek the entry of any particular dog or dogs at a Trial at which the Judge is officiating.
11. Judges shall promptly complete all requirements of the Judging Contract. Any verbal acceptance of an appointment by a Judge shall be subject to the receipt of the contract within fourteen (14) days.
12. At the time of completing a contract the Judge shall inform the inviting body of any disability or limitation that would restrict him or help in carrying out the appointment.
13. A Judge shall honour each contract and is not free to accept an alternative contract that will affect his/her availability to fulfil the original contract, except with the written dispensation of the contracting body.
14. Accommodation provided to the Judge to fulfill an appointment is for the Judge only, except where prior mutual agreement has been reached with the contracting body for variation.
15. A Judge shall be responsible for the cost of all personal telephone calls, alcoholic beverages and any personal laundering except where mutual agreement has been reached with the contracting body at the time the contract is accepted.
16. A Judge who withdraws from a contracted appointment shall not be permitted to judge at any other trial wherever held on a date which would prevent him/her from attending the original contracted event.
17. Judges shall judge the Trial in accordance with the current ANKC Ltd Rules.
18. Judges shall not openly discuss with any other person the decision of any other Judge.