At the February 2020 ANKC Ltd Special Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
1. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 5 – Show
It was RESOLVED that the final submission received from the National Regulations Part 5 – Shows Review Working Party be endorsed.
Note: The submission was a complete review of the regulations.
2. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration
It was RESOLVED that Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration Clause 6.5.1 be amended to read:
6.5.1 Subject to 6.5.2, all litters and puppies must be registered with an ANKC Member Body in the State or Territory of residency of the owner irrespective of where the pups are born.
Note: This regulation is effective immediately.
3 * Regulations Part 13 – Regulations for the Conduct of National Breed Councils, Section 2 – Additional Clause
It was RESOLVED that ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 13 - Regulations for the Conduct of National Breed Councils, Section 2: Regulations for Registration of National Breed Councils, be amended by the inclusion of additional Clause, numbered 2.8.4, 2.8.5 & 2.8.6 to read:
2.8.4 It is the duty of all Office Bearers, Delegates and Committee Members of a National Breed Council to keep proper financial records of the National Breed Council as required by law including, as a minimum: -
1) receipt books
2) records of payments - with supporting documents, vouchers and approvals
4) bank statements
5) bank deposit books (if used)
6) cheque books
2.8.5 Office Bearers, Delegates and/or Committee Members of a National Breed Council must return all documentation held by them including but not limited to the documents referred to in paragraph 2.8.4 above within twenty one (21) days of the expiration of the role of Office Bearer, Delegate or Committee Member of a National Breed Council.
2.8.6 A breach of Regulation 2.8.4 and/or 2.8.5 shall be deemed to be misconduct and actionable by disciplinary action by the relevant State Member Body against an outgoing member.
This regulation amendment is effective from 1 March, 2020.
4. National Judge’s Code of Practice and Conduct – Clause 16 Amendment
It was RESOLVED that the National Judge’s Code of Practice and Conduct, Clause 16 be amended to read:
16. A Judge must not duplicate assignments in the same breeds and or group within a minimum of 3 months of each other and within a minimum of 200 kilometres at championship shows. (10/97), (02/15), (10/15). Note: This will not apply to Neuter only shows.
It was agreed the same note would also be included in Regulations Part 5 – Show, Clause 3.2.3.
5. British Bulldog Breed Standard
It was RESOLVED that ANKC adopt the amended Pre-1987 breed standard for the British Bulldog as recommended by the National Breed Standards Coordination Group.
6. ANKC Recognition of Canine Scentwork
It was RESOLVED that ANKC recognise Canine Scent Work effective 1 July 2020.
7. ANKC Scent Work Committee
It was RESOLVED that the ANKC Canine Scent Work Working Party be recognized as an official ANKC Committee from 1 March 2020.
8. ANKC Ltd Judges List – Inclusion of “Suburb”
It was RESOLVED that ANKC include the “Suburb” of a Judge on the ANKC Judges list.
* New or Amended regulations, policy statements, procedures, publications and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.