At the June 2019 ANKC Ltd Special Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
1. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration: Amendment to Clause 3.2
It was RESOLVED that ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 The Register & Registration, Clause 3.2 be amended by the inclusion of the following paragraph after Clause 3.2(e):
“All documentation submitted with an application for re-registration of an imported dog and/or semen must be in English or accompanied by an official document translated in English by an authorised interpretation/translation service, e.g., an Australian or State Based Interpreting Service.”
2. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration: Removal of Clause 6.3
It was RESOLVED that ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration Clause 6.3 – Fertilised Ova (as noted below) be removed from the regulations.
“6.3 Fertilised Ova (10/02)
- Litters produced using fertilised ova are to be registered using the standard Member Body litter registration form and must be accompanied by a declaration by the breeder identifying the donor dam, the semen donor dog, and the surrogate bitch.
- The surrogate bitch must be registered in the breeder’s name unless a valid legal contract or special application provides otherwise.
- Breeders are to maintain records relating to the collection, fertilisation, implantation and ownership of ova.
- Breeders are advised to record a DNA profile, or store a sample of tissue, blood or saliva, for the donor bitch, the semen donor dog, and the surrogate bitch.
- The registration of a dog from fertilised ova will have the letters FO in brackets after the name. Where the fertilised ova was imported and then implanted, the letters Imp and the country abbreviation in brackets will be added.”
3. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration: Removal of Clause 6.13
It was RESOLVED that ANKC rescind in its entirety effective immediately Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration, Section 6, Clause 6.13 - Parentage Proven for Registration.
“6.13 Parentage Proven for Registration (Added 06/18, 5.1)
6.13.1 All puppies whelped after 01 January 2020 and being registered on the ANKC Ltd database as Main Registered are to be Parentage Proven by DNA. All results are to use the International Society for Animal Genetic (ISAG) marker and are to be submitted to the member body prior to registration.
6.13.2 Where a breeder makes application to upgrade a dog to the Main Register then the dog is to be Parentage Proven as per 6.12.1 prior to being upgraded.
6.13.3 Collection and testing of the DNA sample is to be conducted pursuant to protocols at Section 2 of these Regulations.
6.13.4 All dogs, frozen semen and Fertilised Ova imported into Australia from 01 January 2020 are to be Parentage Proven in accordance with this section.
6.13.5 All Frozen semen registered after 01 January 2020 is to be Parentage Proven in accordance with this section.”
4. * ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration: Removal of Clause 8.8.2
It was RESOLVED to remove the Litter Registration Limitation relative to the requirement for Haemophilia testing as a prerequisite for German Shepherd Dogs to participate in the German Shepherd Dog Council (Australia) Breed Survey scheme effective from 1 January 2020.
5. * ANKC Ltd Trick Dog Rules
It was RESOLVED that ANKC endorse the recognition of Trick Dog Rules to be implemented from 1 January 2020.
* New or Amended regulations, rules, policy statements, procedures, publications and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.