At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Australian National Kennel Council Limited held in Brisbane:
1. ANKC Ltd Constitution - Amendment
The constitution of ANKC Ltd was amended to formally recognise the Executive Committee and establish its powers.
2. Election of ANKC Ltd Vice President and Treasurer
• Mr Brian Parker was re-elected as Vice President for a one year term from 21 October 2016; and
• Mr David Sales was re-elected unopposed as Treasurer for a one year term from 21 October 2016.
As a result of a change to the ANKC Ltd Constitution, an additional member has been added to the ANKC Ltd Executive Committee. This additional member is a Director who represents a Member Body other than those represented by the Vice President and Treasurer.
• Mr Darren Bowey was elected as a member of the Executive Committee for a one year term from 21 October 2016.
At the October 2016 ANKC Ltd Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
1. FCI Membership
As a result of discussions between the ANKC Ltd Board and members of the FCI General Committee, it was agreed that:
• Subject to a written agreement setting out the various terms of ANKC Ltd’s ongoing membership, ANKC Ltd maintain Associate membership with the conduct of 1 CACIB show using FCI breed standards with Australian Judges being included in the Judging Panel at Australian conducted CACIB shows.
• FCI to look into the issue of FCI making changes to Australian breed standards and arrange for the standards to revert back to the original versions.
• ANKC Ltd to commence the FCI recognition process for any Australian breeds not recognised by FCI so these breeds can obtain CACIB’s.
2. * Visiting Judge Evaluation Form
It was resolved that a Visiting Judge Evaluation Procedure and Form be approved which will be implemented from 1 July 2017.
3. Tenterfield Terrier Development Register
It was resolved that the request from the National Tenterfield Terrier Council for the development register to remain open for a further five years from 1 January 2017 be granted.
4. Rottweiler Natural Bob Tail Survey
It was resolved that the Rottweiler survey results were not endorsed as the Board believes the information provided to instigate the survey was flawed and the implementation could have unintended consequences.
5. DNA Profiling
It was resolved that all dogs imported into Australia be required to have a standardised international marker DNA profile.
[NOTE: As at 16/12/16 the ANKC Ltd Board has agreed to defer implementation of Item 5 until further clarification has been received.]
6. Consistent Decisions Across State Boundaries
It was resolved that Member Bodies of ANKC Ltd should attempt more cooperation when dealing with decisions across State Boundaries.
7. Belgian Shepherd Dog Survey
It was resolved that ANKC Ltd conduct an Australian wide survey of all Belgian Shepherd Dog owners and breeders to determine their position on whether they believe inter-variety breeding as per FCI regulations should be conducted in Australia.
8. Acceptable Colours
It was resolved that the closing dates for submissions from National Breed Councils and Breed Clubs regarding acceptable colours be extended and additional advice be provided to them that their submissions can be on grounds other than health reasons.
Prior to 1 July 2017 only acceptable colours noted in the breed standards would be eligible for registration on the Main Register.
9. * National Code of Ethics of Responsible Dog Ownership - Amendment
It was resolved that the National Code of Ethics of Responsible Dog Ownership, Clause 22 be amended as follows:
22. A member shall register all puppies bred by that member that are living at the date of registration. Such registration must include all puppies from the litter on the one litter registration application form and must be applied for within eighteen  months of the date of whelping or prior to sale or rehoming. (06/08) (10/16, 7.5.13)
10. * National Judges’ Code of Practice and Conduct - Amendment
It was resolved that the National Judges’ Code of Practice and Conduct be amended by adding the following clause to read:
23. All judges must judge exhibits in accordance with their relevant ANKC Ltd breed standard.
11. ANKC Ltd Sled Dog Sports Judges Training & Assessment Scheme
It was resolved that an ANKC Ltd Sled Sports Judges Training & Assessment Scheme be endorsed which will be implemented from 1 January 2017. The scheme will be contained in Regulations Part 3J.
12. ANKC Ltd Draft Test Judges Training & Assessment Program
It was resolved that an ANKC Ltd Draft Test Judges Training & Assessment Scheme be endorsed which will be implemented from 1 January 2017. The program will be contained in Regulations Part 3K.
13. ANKC Ltd Lure Coursing Overseas Judges Application Form
It was resolved that an ANKC Ltd Lure Coursing Overseas Judges Application form be endorsed which will be implemented from 1 January 2017.
14. * ANKC Ltd Regulations - Amendments
Amendments to the following regulations have been endorsed.
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 2 – Judges
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 3A -Retrieving Trial Judges Training Scheme
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 3B – Field Trial Judges Training Scheme
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 4 – Selection & Training of Earthdog Judges
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 5 - Show
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 8 – Member Bodies & Membership
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 11 - Earth Dog Tests for Small Terriers & Dachshunds
ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 15 – Regulations for Junior Handler Competition & ANKC Ltd Junior Handler Manual
ANKC Ltd Guidelines for Breeders
* New or Amended regulations, policy statements, publications and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.